BASI Pilates Teacher Training Courses
I'm very happy to announce that the studio will be hosting BASI Pilates Teacher Training Courses
So if you have ever thought about learning to teach pilates then this is your chance to do it with a world renowned company in the comfort of The Pilates Attic in Edinburgh
BASI Pilates® is the leading Pilates education academy, with a reputation for innovation, dedication and academic excellence. Established in 1989 by world-renowned Pilates educator, Rael Isacowitz, BASI Pilates preserves the legacy of Joseph and Clara Pilates, while complementing their method with contemporary scientific knowledge
Click here for full course details Basi Pilates Teacher Training
BASI Open Day - Pilates Class and Q&A
Come along to our open day so you can take part in a BASI Pilates class which will be followed by a Question & Answer session about the course.
Sunday 21st October
Pre-booking is essential, please book with firstname.lastname@example.org
March 9th and 10th - Modules 1-3
May 11th and 12th - Modules 4-6
Each day of the course is 11am til 6pm
The mat work course is a stepping stone to the full comprehensive course. It is advised for students who do not have the time or resources to study the comprehensive course, or for those in locations without adequate Pilates equipment.
The mat course is very affordable and introduces people to the foundations of Pilates. Students study the full complement of Mat Work exercises (basic to master level) and the integration of small apparatus into the program.
BASI encourages students to use this program as a springboard to the (CTTC).
Upon completion of the Mat course, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce them to clients and students
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates Mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments
- Integrate small apparatus into a Mat class to achieve optimum results
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer Mat work classes
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles
- Demonstrate at a high level the vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual
Mat Course Syllabus
The course structure is modular. A student can make up or repeat each of the 6 modules (4-5 hours each) at any BASI Pilates host location around the world. Each module consists of practical and theoretical components.
Module 1, The Fundamentals
The principles, the pelvis, breathing, exercise description, historical overview, safety.
Module 2, Anatomy Part 1
Anatomy overview & terminology, joints, centre of gravity, cueing & imagery.
Module 3, Anatomy Part 2
Anatomical movement analysis, muscles, aerobic & anaerobic exercise, the BASI Block system.
Module 4, Posture Assessment
Principles of alignment, posture and posture assessment; types of faulty posture.
Module 5, Core Strength – Back & Abdominals
Core strength, effective exercise, contraindications for the spine, guidelines for successful teaching, being a teacher.
Module 6, Exercise Adaptation
Exercise adaptation, exercise progression, modifications to exercises, using small equipment, constructing a complete and comprehensive program.
In addition to the academic study, students must complete the following hours of study: observation (15 hours), self-practice (40 hours) and student teaching (30 hours).
At Module 4
Written Quiz (30 minutes) on all practical and theory work from Module 1 – 3.
After completing all modules
Final Written paper
- Demonstrate 4 exercises
- Teach a half hour class
- 2 Hour written exam (done as above)
- A summary of hours done to date