Come along to a bright, stunning and spacious pilates studio in a converted mews house, tucked away, yet conveniently located in the heart of Edinburgh's city centre. Perfect for a class at lunchtime or after work. Practice pilates in style at The Pilates Attic.
Established in 2001 we are one of Edinburgh’s longest standing pilates providers, delivering safe, effective, popular and friendly classes. We pride ourselves in offering an exclusive service with fantastic classes in beautiful surroundings.
We have pilates classes to suit all abilities, ages, body types and fitness levels. Plus tailored 1-1 personal pilates sessions to really work on your health or movement issues and to ensure that you achieve your goals.
We also have hula hooping classes, workshops, stand up paddle board classes and pilates holidays, we really do have something for everyone!
We love pilates, and love passing all the benefits of pilates on to you. We provide all our clients with an individual experience, leaving you with a sense of calm and clarity, a greater understanding of your body, a sense of achievement, and hopefully feeling the pilates love too!
- Highly experienced teacher
- Safe, fun and effective classes
- Thick and luxurious mats
- A great selection of equipment
- Natural light
- A unique building with beautiful period features
- Changing facilities
- Lovely waiting area
What Is Pilates?
Pilates is an exercise method, designed to elongate, strengthen and restore the body to balance. Based upon an anatomical understanding of the body’s muscular and skeletal systems, the pilates teacher creates a comprehensive exercise programme for the client. Classes will focus on specific areas individually, whilst using exercises that integrate the whole body to re-educate and restore it to optimum muscular and skeletal function. It is this holistic approach that sets pilates apart from many other forms of exercise. Osteopaths, physiotherapists and general practitioners recommend pilates as one of the safest forms of exercise today. Pilates can be beneficial for just about everyone, regardless of age and fitness level.
How can Pilates benefit you?
- General Fitness
- Improved posture
- Improved mobility and flexibility of the spine
- Increased muscle tone and flexibility
- Increased core strength
- Promotes healthy joints and muscles
- Complements training for athletes
- Facilitates injury prevention and physical rehabilitation
- Builds better balance and coordination, particularly for the elderly
- Offers a safe and excellent form of exercise for ante and post-natal women
- Alleviates aches and pains
- Helps maintain and can improve bone density
- Develops the function and efficiency of the lungs with improvement in circulation
- Offers a safe and beneficial form of exercise for a wide range of medical conditions, including Scoliosis, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, and Multiple Sclerosis
- Makes you look and feel better
- Relieves stress and tension and promotes a feeling of well-being
- Expands body awareness
- Integrates mind, body and spirit
- Improves quality of life
As Joseph Pilates said...
In ten sessions you will feel the difference, in twenty sessions you will see the difference, and in thirty sessions you will have a whole new body